Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sewing with Sweater Knit


I recently stumbled upon 'sweater knit' at Hancock's Fabrics for $5.99/yard. I was intrigued and purchased one yard to see how it was to sew with. I loved it and her blue tunic turned out darling. The knit was very forgiving and with such generous stretch, I did not need to worry about zippers, buttons or any other closures. I'd highly recommend sewing with sweater knit. HERE is an article with tips and tricks of sewing with sweater knits.

While I've not been able to this material online for as reasonable a price as Hancocks you can purchase it HERE or HERE.

Or a great cost-effective option would be to cut up old sweaters and use that material.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to have your blog now! I had no idea you were so talented, (though I'm not surprised at all.) Everything looks so precious and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Question or comment? I'd love to hear it!