Monday, April 9, 2012

Golden

I came across this golden silk suiting fabric in the remnant section of my favorite local fabric store and instantly fell in love.  Some fabrics just speak to me.  The shimmer, color and texture were so romantic and sophisticated.   I knew the color would not be ideal for my girls' complexion but I could not resist the urge to make a dress out of it.

It's a little small for Scarlett so I will wait 6 months to put it on my other daughter, Autumn.  I think it would pair well with oqaque grey tights for fall.  I also can see it with no tights for summer. 


My orginal plan was to make a very deep V-Back but I had to take the bodice in more than I planned, which made the back higher than ideal.  I still love it but regret my poor planning with the back.  I'm still learning all the time with trial and error.

I love seeing full dresses from beneath.  The layers are always to pretty.  Here, I used some gray grosgrain ribbon to complete the hem.  


6 comments:

Question or comment? I'd love to hear it!