Sunday, June 5, 2011

Inspiration


Inspiration for sewing comes from all over. I love to browse online sites, such as crewcuts and Janie and Jack. However, you may be surprised to know that one of my best sources for ideas comes from our children's illustrations.

My favorite illustrator is Gyo Fujikawa, who wrote and illustrated many books through out the 60's and 70's. Babies is her most famous work.

The dresses she draws on her little characters are just precious!!! I continually glean ideas from her illustrations to incorporate into my sewing.


1. I love the white peter pan collar with the simple dress (you could use 'The Perfect Dress' to create this).

2. The three-quarter length sleeves are perfect with the stark black and white pattern. I could use this pattern again and just lengthen the sleeves. A black peter pan collar would be cute with it as well. And maybe a sash.

3. This is just fun. The collar is too much but I still love it.

4. Gingham anything steals my heart. I love this!!! I am currently on creating this right now.


Where do you get your inspiration from?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Question or comment? I'd love to hear it!